Try scuba in the comfort of a 10-foot-deep pool environment. Take your first breaths underwater and experience your new passion.
Earn your PADI Open Water Certification with Kohala Divers. We are a 5-star PADI training facility and cater to local residents and visitors who want to earn dive certifications recognized worldwide. Our commitment is to a safe and fun learning environment and cleaner oceans. We donate a portion of every certification we process to Project Aware to keep our seas healthy!
* Cost of course after eLearning is paid to PADI.
Kohala Divers is a 5-Star PADI Dive Center that has been certifying divers of all level since 1984. Let our enthusiastic, professional PADI Instructors help you take your first addictive breaths underwater, or further your love for the sport with an Advanced Open Water, Nitrox, photography, or Divemaster class.
What is PADI?
PADI stands for Professional Association of Diving Instructors.
Why should I choose the PADI System?
PADI Divers carry the most respected and sought-after scuba credentials in the world. No matter where you choose to dive, your PADI certification card will be recognized and you’ll be surrounded by other PADI Divers who made the same certification choice you did — to train with the world’s largest and most respected diver training organization.
Learn more at PADI.com
Why Learn to Dive?
To Escape, Explore and Experience our underwater world! See what you’ve been missing. Learn to dive in Hawaii with Kohala Divers. The water is warm and clear on the Kohala Coast.
Save precious vacation time by completing your academics online!
Sign up for eLearning now!
Click on any course below for more information.
- Open Water Dive eLearning
- Advance Open Water eLearning
- Rescue Diver
- Emergency First Response-Primary/Secondary Care
- Boat Diver
- Deep Diver
- Digital Underwater Photography
- Diver Propulsion Vehicle
- Drift Diver
- Dry Suit Diver
- Enriched Air Diver
- Equipment Specialist
- Night Diver
- Peak Performance Bouyancy
- Search & Recovery
- Underwater Navigator
- Wreck Diver
- ReActivate Scuba Refresher Program
Kohala Divers is a family friendly dive shop and we love families that dive together!!
For the comfort and safety of young divers and snorkelers these are our policies for Minors under 18 years old.
- Children 6 and up can join on our Dive and snorkel charters.
- All ages are welcome on Whale watches and private charters.
- All Children under 15 must be accompanied on the boat the by an adult.
- Children under 12 must have an adult with them at all times on the boat & at the pool.
- All Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult while snorkeling at all times unless a private snorkel guide is hired. Certified Children under 12 must sign up as a junior diver (40’ depth limit) and must be accompanied on the boat by an adult.
- All minors under 18 must have a parent or guardian sign their liability releases
Age Requirements for PADI Students
Discover scuba students
Age 10 and up (Ages 10-14 require a private instructor)
JUNIOR open water divers
Kids 10-11 years old enrolled in an open water course require a bit more attention and we love to give them the attention they deserve. Our class for 10-11 year old divers will keep their depth restrictions in mind and allow the instructors to focus on their special needs and pace. Certified diver parents can dive with the student group if desired.
Good ideas for families on the dive boat
Families diving together with non-diving kids or students
- Parents can share a 2 tank dive trip by signing up for 1 diver spot and 1 snorkeler spot.
- Discover scuba diving students can have up to 2 experienced capable certified divers join their instructor group at 50% off certified diver price.
- Discover scuba students can share a 2-tank dive trip by signing up for one Discover scuba and one snorkeler and each doing one dive and one snorkel site.